Original article was published by Sivasubramanian B on Artificial Intelligence on Medium
Which job are roles associated with Data Science?
· Data Scientist: A data scientist handles large quantities of data to produce compelling visions for the particular business. They make use of various algorithms, tools, methods, and processes. A Data Scientist deals with programming languages like R, Python, SAS, SQL, Matlab, Spark, Hive and Pig.
· Data Analyst: They mine vast quantities of data. They look for trends, patterns, and relationships in data. They do so to deliver compelling visualization and reporting. These are further used to analyze data. Business decisions are made only after this. They deal with programming languages like R, Python, SQL, C++, C, HTML, and JS.
· Data Engineer: A Data Engineer works with large quantities of data. They maintain, build, develop, and test architectures such as large scale databases and processing systems. They deal with programming languages like Java, C++, R, Python, Hive, SQL, SAS, Perl, and Ruby.
· Statistician: They use statistical methods and theories to collect and analyze data. They also use these to understand quantitative as well as qualitative data. They deal with programming languages like Spark, Perl, R, SQL, Python, Tableau, and Hive.
· Business Analyst: They are responsible for improving business processes. They act as the bridge between the IT department and the business executive. They deal with programming languages like SQL, Python, Tableau, and Power BI.
· Data Administrator: They ensure the accessibility of the database to all the users. They look after its correct and safe performance to prevent it from getting hacked. They deal with programming languages like SQL, Java, Ruby on Rails, Python, and C#.