Original article can be found here (source): Artificial Intelligence on Medium
Emerging Trends in Digital Transformation
It is an era of digital transformation, and digital technologies have integrated with almost every aspect of our life. Businesses have entered the digital world and created their new image through digital transformation. Over the last few years, digital transformation trends have been around IoT, Cloud, Edge Compute, AI, and others. In 2020, there will be a few newer addition on how digital transformation will impact your business. Without further ado, let’s dive into the possibilities.
- 5G: 5G will be a reality in 2020. Most of the prominent telecommunication companies are already devoting their time and money to make 5G possible this year. Not only 5G phones; this technology will be a stepping stone to work towards smart cities, smart cars, and other potential industries where real-time data connection to IoT is needed.
- WiFi 6 towards a faster future: WiFi 6 will be the next-gen of WiFi connectivity. It will allow three times faster download speed. Also, the average number of devices connected to a WiFi network, it is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years. This technology will ensure the faster connectivity in your office and home and thus increasing productivity. The high-speed connection and the 5G technology will be a boost for ACPC’s. We need to stay connected all the time, and with the possibility of full-day battery life in laptops, ACPC’s would be a talk of the market. The growing world of Digital Analytics: The digital world is a pool of data that needs to be collected, processed, and stored. Companies who are not investing in analytics might have a tough road ahead of them. The primary focus stays on the real-time processing of data and analyzing it.
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning: You need to churn the sea of information and data to find what you need for your business. An automated algorithm with fewer chances of human error is what AI and ML offer you. No doubt that the algorithms have made the work faster, but working on the accuracy will be the task in 2020.
- Blockchain: The technology introduced itself as cryptocurrency, and with the rise in the value of bitcoins, it is undoubtedly gaining much attraction. The industries from all major sectors, including retail, healthcare, logistics, etc. are improving their processes, raising funds, and tracking the supply chain using Blockchain technology. 2020 would surely be the year when this technology takes its boom.
- Conversational Augmentation: Being a part of the consumer-centric world, finding innovative ways to stay connected with the consumer is much needed. We are already familiar with the Chatbots; they are a success. The companies are now working hard over the voice user interface for consumer-business interaction. We might not hear a piece of ground-breaking news from this technology, but it might be a reality in the next few years.
In a blink of an eye, the technology might change. It would be interesting to look forward to how these transformations will happen in 2020.