R has fallen behind a bit in the programming languages race but with RStudio’s latest release, the ‘Package Manager’ tool, it has certainly upped the stakes. Organizations had so far cited security concerns for reasons of not adopting R, and that has gone out of the window with this tool.
- Do Not Miss RStudio’s Game Changing ‘Package Manager’ Tool: A huge update for all R users — RStudio has released Package Manager, a wonderful tool with game changing implications for all companies using, or wanting to use, R. Do not miss out on this release!
- Perform Automated Time Series Modeling with DataRobot’s Latest Tool: Time Series modeling is one of the most complex and tricky tasks in data science. So how about automating it? That’s exactly what DataRobot’s latest tool does! It automates: 1) Feature Engineering, 2) Detecting stationarity, 3) Detecting seasonality, 4) Transforming the target variable, and much more!
- Fast.ai’s Algorithm Beat Google’s Code in a Popular Image Recognition Challenge: A small team from Fast.ai, led by Jeremy Howard, outperformed Google’s machine learning code, as per Stanford’s DAWNBench benchmark. Their model took 18 minutes to train and the entire process cost just $40! You don’t always need TPUs to succeed in AI!
- Feedzai AutoML — A ML Platform for Fraud Prevention that’s 50 Times Faster: Feedzai AutoML is a platform that automates fraud prevention at a 50 times faster rate than manual ML processes! It automates tasks like feature engineering, model training and selection, and hyperparameter optimization. Details about the platform inside!
- A Fascinating Machine Learning Approach to Generating Faces in Advertisements: In this really fascinating research, GANs were used to generate faces depending on the product in the advertisement! Ranging from beauty products to beverages, this technique (explained in the given research paper) can manipulate and generate faces accordingly.
- Want to Speed Up your Model Building Process in Python? Try Studio.ML: Ever been in a situation where you wanted to accelerate your model development process and put it into production with a quick turnaround time? Give Studio ml a try! It’s a Python framework that will speed up your machine learning process significantly.
The above AVBytes were published from 6th to 12th August, 2018.
Source: Deep Learning on Medium