Original article can be found here (source): Artificial Intelligence on Medium
Supervised vs Unsupervised Learning
Uncertainty Reasoning — Intelligent Systems
There are several types of Machine Learning, such as:
- Supervised Learning
- Unsupervised Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
In this article, we will discuss the difference between Supervised Learning and Unsupervised Learning.
- Supervised learning allows us to collect data or produce a data output from the previous experience.
- In supervised learning, the machine has something like ‘Teacher’ or ‘Supervisor’ who tells the machine the Label so that the machine knows what kind of output from the given input. For instance:
The machine is given some images, and it includes the Label of each image describing what is the image of.
- Unsupervised Learning finds all kinds of unknown patterns in data.
- Unsupervised methods help us to find features that can be useful for categorization.
- It is taken place in real-time, so all the input data to be analyzed and labeled in the presence of learners. (Learning By Doing)
Also read this: