Original article can be found here (source): Artificial Intelligence on Medium
The Diverse Union of Nations
In 2015, 195 United Nations member states collectively agreed a plan of action to create a better world for the people and the planet. With a target completion year of 2030, 17 agreed sustainable development goals (SDGs) formed the key initiatives, driving our world closer to utopia. Regardless of the demographic or financial status of the members, all members united to accomplish the goals set.
What are the key goals?
Each SDG is guided by one influential, inspiring individual that is nominated to raise global awareness and to promote the acceleration of opportunities and solutions. The advocate has a unique global platform that is used to vocalise the vision of a better world and inspire the public to emulate the same in practise. The advocates on the whole consist of 52% female leaders with 70% representation of ethnic minorities: across Royalty, Film, Sports, Corporates and Nobel Prize winners. Unity of diversity creates a stronger workforce to overcome widespread issues with different minds, addressing the same problem.
Our vision from day one has been simple, positive and will remain the same throughout the journey. We hold ourselves accountable to the mission everyday. We want to live in a world of equality where people are assessed fairly. As ethnic minorities, born in one country, living in another and constantly surrounded by a diverse network — we have repeatedly seen first hand the benefits of diversifying workplaces and providing genuine equal opportunity for all. We are proud to have our vision in line with 4 of the global initiatives, some of the key goals are highlighted below:
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere
- More than 100 countries have taken action to track budget allocations for gender equality
- Ensure women’s full and effective participation and equal opportunities for leadership at all levels of decision making in political, economic and public life
- Adopt and strengthen sound policies and enforceable legislation for the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls at all levels
Decent Work & Economic Growth
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation, including through a focus on high-value added and labour-intensive sectors
- Promote development-oriented policies that support productive activities, decent job creation, entrepreneurship, creativity and innovation, and encourage the formalisation and growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, including through access to financial services
- By 2030, achieve full and productive employment and decent work for all women and men, including for young people and persons with disabilities, and equal pay for work of equal value
- By 2030, empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status
- Ensure equal opportunity and reduce inequalities of outcome, including by eliminating discriminatory laws, policies and practices and promoting appropriate legislation, policies and action in this regard
Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions at all levels
- Ensure responsive, inclusive, participatory and representative decision-making at all levels
Our mission is to continue developing our in-house AI models to support the advancements of technology in the diversity and equality space. To make decisions is having the ultimate power, we provide the data to strengthen the logic.
To learn more about these global initiatives changing our world for the better, please visit: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/