In this position, you will be responsible for analysing and optimising key deep learning (DL) and machine learning (ML) models, neural network algorithms and applications. You will be working as part of a team that conceives, researches, and prototypes new machine learning techniques and use cases. This includes both ensuring that leading DL/ML frameworks are taking full advantage of features in our products, as well as impacting next generation products by driving technologies to ensure performance leadership on emerging DL/ML applications and use cases. Ideal candidates would have good understanding of state-of-the-art techniques in machine learning and deep learning, performance optimisation, and benchmarking, along with a strong understanding of computer architecture. Candidates must also possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work in a demanding team-oriented environment. You are expected to maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories in the space of machine learning, performance optimisation and computer architecture in general. You may also participate in the development of intellectual property.
- Honours degree (MSc preferred) from a numerate science discipline, which included at least one module on statistics (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science).
- Programming experience in numerical analysis and/or experience with statistical data analysis using tools such as Python and R.
- Evidence of strong mathematical modelling capabilities.
- An ability to interpret statistical results and identify their significance within a scientific discipline in the life sciences.
- An ability and willingness to pick up new computer programming languages quickly.
- Strong technical writing, presentation and computer skills (using MS Office suite).
Preferred Qualifications (but not essential):
- Experience with Tensorflow & GCP
- Experience with performance profiling, characterisation and optimisation
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Ideal candidate would have knowledge, experience or interest in transport technology
If you’re interested in joining CitySwifter you can contact Brian@CitySwifter.com