Source: Deep Learning on Medium
What are some of the applications of Deep Learning?
Deep Learning is a subset of Machine Learning. With its unique features this technology is showing its impact on various technologies of this world.
Following are some of the applications of Deep Learning technology.
- Speech recognition: Speech recognition is a process of recognizing speech within audio and converting it into text. Deep Learning technology enables the device to perform this task.
- Image recognition: This is one of the important features of Deep Learning. Image retrieval and classification are very important if the app uses images. This technology is used to sort images into different categories or using auto-encoders to retrieve images based on visual similarity.
- Recommendation engines: Some of the applications such as Netflix, Amazon are using recommendation engines to enhance user experience and provide good service to their customers. These recommendation engines rely on Deep Learning technology to work efficiently.
- Chatbots: The primary aim of chatbots is to provide the best response of any query that it receives. These chatbots use Deep Learning technology to work efficiently.
- Marketing research: Deep Learning technology can also be used by organizations in their marketing department. Market segmentation, marketing campaign analysis can be improved using this technology.
- Translation: Google Translate app has the ability to transfer images with text in real-time to a language of your choice. They use Deep Learning technology to perform this task.