Original article was published on Artificial Intelligence on Medium
We all heard about Data Science, from our peers, teachers, and friends, but the first question arises that What is Data Science, and is there Any Difference between Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data?
Here are the answers to all of your questions… So the official definition of these known terms are:
Data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms, and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data.
Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
Big data is a field that treats ways to analyze, systematically extract information from, or otherwise, deal with data sets that are too large or complex to be dealt with by traditional data-processing application software.
So boring, right?
So in the simplest words, These all terms are co-related but not the same.
Data Science works for future prediction using the Huge Amount of Data, it uses Machine Learning and Deep learning algorithms and Statistics to solve their problem,
whereas Big Data Analyst works for the availability of that data, required by the Data Scientists to analyze the pattern and predict the solution.
At last, We talk about Artificial Intelligence, an AI Engineer uses the prediction done by the Data Scientist, Analyst, and train the machine to work on their own. Ultimately It works for the Automation of The machines.
I hope now there isn’t any doubt about these terms.
Why Data Science?
“In 2012, Harvard Business Review dubbed Data Scientist the sexiest job of the 21st Century.”
Seriously? Many may disagree with this statement but no one denies that Data Scientist is the highest paying job and also the easiest one.
Any person, working in any field either Mechanics, Chemical or civil engineering, or in any Non-Science Background, this job is for all.
Anyone good in Stats, know some programming, and dedicated to Data Science can become a Data Scientist by putting some constant efforts.
Further looking into the stats behind the Data Science salary, we have –
- Average Salary- Rs. 818,099
- Average Bonus- Rs. 100,473
- Average Profit Sharing- Rs 36,667
- Lowest Salary- Rs. 341,000
- Highest Salary- Rs. 2,000,000
- Lowest Bonus- Rs. 20,000
- Highest Bonus- Rs. 321,000
- Lowest Profit Sharing- Rs. 0.00
- Highest Profit Sharing- Rs. 608,000
The graph below shows the demand for Data Scientist in India.
How to learn Data Science?
No doubt, Data Science is for all, but being a Data Scientist isn’t That easy… but if anyone follows some steps then they can become a good Data Scientist and can fulfil their all dreams.
- Learn any programming language, Python is recommended as it is easy to learn and it has a huge amount of libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, seaborn, Keras and many more to deploy the Data Science and Machine Learning models.
- Get some sort of Certification from known platforms such as Udacity, Coursera, and Microsoft.
- Work on your Mathematics especially Statistics and Probability.
- Do As many projects as you can.
- Keep practising and participate in Hackathons.
- Last but not the least, Always trust yourself, if you stuck somewhere just take the help of google or youtube but don’t give up.
All the best!