Original article was published on Artificial Intelligence on Medium
The ability of a system to calculate, reason, perceive relationships and analogies, learn from experience, store and retrieve information from memory, solve problems, comprehend complex ideas, use natural language fluently, classify, generalise, and adapt new situations.
Types of Intelligence:
- Linguistic Intelligence: The ability to speak, recognise, and use mechanisms of psychology(speech sounds), syntax(grammar), and semantics(meaning). Example: Narrators, Orators
- Musical Intelligence: The ability to create, communicate with, and understand meanings made of sound, understanding of pitch, rhythm. Example: Musicians, Singers, Composers
- Logical mathematical Intelligence: The ability of use and understand relationships in the absence of action or objects. Understanding complex and abstract ideas. Example: Mathematicians, Scientists
- Spatial Intelligence: The ability to perceive visual or spatial information, change it, and re-create visual images without reference to the objects, construct 3D images, and to move and rotate them. Example: Map readers, Astronauts, Physicists
- Bodily–Kinaesthetic intelligence: The ability to use complete or part of the body to solve problems or fashion products, control over fine and coarse motor skills, and manipulate the objects. Example: Players, Dancers
- Intra-personal intelligence: The ability to distinguish among one’s own feelings, intentions, and motivations. Example: Gautam Buddha
- Inter-personal intelligence: The ability to recognise and make distinctions among other people’s feelings, beliefs, and intentions. Example: Mass Communication, Interviews.
What is AI?
According to the father of Artificial Intelligence John McCarthy, it is “The science and engineering of making intelligent machines, especially intelligent computer programs”. Artificial Intelligence is a way of making a computer, a computer-controlled robot, or a software think intelligently, in the similar manner the intelligent humans think.
AI is accomplished by studying how human brain thinks, and how humans learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of development intelligent software and systems.